Many years back, a good friend of mine introduced me to a simple, most delicious artichoke dip recipe. The dish quickly became a family favorite. It’s a rich, creamy, indulgent addition to crackers, veggies, or even a hot sandwich spread. So sinful, that you must have spent hours on it right?
Shhhhh, it really only takes about 15 minutes to prepare, but no one needs to know.
If my older girls ever contact me for a recipe, this is the one they are after almost always. I suppose they can’t help it, it’s been a tradition for almost their whole childhood. Artichoke dip is our perfect comfort food. Every year at Thanksgiving, I whip up a batch (or two) for an appetizer. It’s devoured.
Then at Christmas, our family tradition is finger foods on Christmas Eve. Another batch goes down the hatch. Super Bowl, probably; Easter, most likely; 4th of July…You get the picture. (That’s why I buy marinated artichokes in bulk at Costco!)
Candace, Haley…it’s online
One of the reasons I do recipes on the website is so our family favorites are easily available. This blog is a journal of sorts, and food/recipe traditions are a powerful memory that can be passed on for generations.
It’s a taste of childhood, or holiday traditions, or a warm memory of family togetherness. That’s why it’s important I give these recipes to my kids. I want them to continue to prepare them for their families when they have them.
Kind of like my Mom’s Eggnog recipe. It will always be a favorite of my childhood. For their favorite artichoke dip recipe, now all I have to say is, “Girls, it’s online!” And it’s easy enough, Bridger can probably make it too!
*Like this easy recipe? Check out another for Alaskan Smoked Salmon Dip!
Simple, delicious combination of artichokes, green chiles and parmesan cheese. It’s just perfect for crackers, veggies and even as a hot sandwich spread.
For the Dip:
- 30–34 oz Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 2–4 oz cans Diced Green Chiles
- 1 c. grated Parmesan Cheese or Parm/Romano blend
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain artichoke hearts in colander over sink for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut up artichoke hearts to desired “bite size” pieces.
- Combine diced green chiles, grated parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and artichoke hearts. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into ~ 9×9 inch baking dish and smooth out (it’s ok to spread it thinner, or make it thicker if you don’t have the right pan. Just adjust the cooking time).
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes. You don’t want to overcook this dip or the oils in may and cheese will separated. Cook just until warm to hot all the way through (>140 degrees)
- Serve it up with your favorite savory dipping vessel (crackers, veggies, etc.) and impress your friends who will think this recipe may actually be complicated!
- I buy 33 oz jars of marinated artichoke hearts at Costco in a 2 pack, but they also commonly come in 4, 6, and 12 oz. sizes so get as close as you can.
- This recipe can also be heated in a crock pot on low and held for 1-2 hours, just watch temp and separation.
- Healthy Substitution: Low-Fat Mayonnaise
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Comfort Classic