Easy Artichoke Dip with Green Chiles
Simple, delicious combination of artichokes, green chiles and parmesan cheese. It's just perfect for crackers, veggies and even as a hot sandwich spread.
Servings: 10 -10 servings
For the Dip:
- 30-34 oz Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 2-4 oz cans Diced Green Chiles
- 1 c. grated Parmesan Cheese or Parm/Romano blend
- 3/4-1 c. Mayonnaise
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Drain artichoke hearts in colander over sink for at least 5 minutes.
Cut up artichoke hearts to desired "bite size" pieces.
Combine diced green chiles, grated parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and artichoke hearts. Mix well.
Spoon mixture into ~ 9x9 inch baking dish and smooth out (it's ok to spread it thinner, or make it thicker if you don't have the right pan. Just adjust the cooking time).
Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes. You don't want to overcook this dip or the oils in may and cheese will separated. Cook just until warm to hot all the way through (>140 degrees)
Serve it up with your favorite savory dipping vessel (crackers, veggies, etc.) and impress your friends who will think this recipe may actually be complicated!
- I buy 33 oz jars of marinated artichoke hearts at Costco in a 2 pack, but they also commonly come in 4, 6, and 12 oz. sizes so get as close as you can.
- This recipe can also be heated in a crock pot on low and held for 1-2 hours, just watch temp and separation.
- Healthy Substitution: Low-Fat Mayonnaise