Taco Soup with Ground Moose, Beef or Turkey
Make it, leave it, love it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Comfort Classic
For the Soup
- 1 lb. Ground Moose, Beef, or Turkey
- 4 15-16 oz. cans Beans, your choice
- 1 15-16 oz. can of Corn
- 1 15-16 oz. can of Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can Black Olives
- 1 4-7 oz. can Green Chilies
- 1 quart Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- Fritos 1–2 bags or Corn Chips or Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Cheese (your choice) 1-2 c. (How much do you like cheese!)
- Sour Cream
For the Soup
- Brown ground meat in frying pan; drain when cooked.
- While meat is cooking, open beans and drain in colander; once drained add to crock pot or large stove top pot.
- Open corn, olives, green chilies, and tomato sauce and add full can, including liquids, to beans.
- Add cooked meat.
- Pour stock of choice over ingredients in pot, add package of taco seasoning, and stir.
The longer and slower you can let this cook, the better the flavors will develop.
- Crock Pot: 8-10 hours on low heat-stir occasionally.
- Crock Pot: 5-6 hours on high heat-stir occasionally.
- Stove Top: ~ 1 hour on simmer-stir enough to avoid burning and monitor liquids for excess evaporation; add more stock if needed.
- Once cooked, serve over Fritos or corn chips and top with shredded cheese and sour cream.
- For bean selection, I like 2 cans Kidney Beans, 1 can Black Beans, and 1 can Garbanzo Beans.
- Olives may either be sliced or whole per your preference. My kids like them whole.
- Green Chili amount, your preference (I like more than less).
- Favorite cheese is Cheddar/Jack blend.