A delicious way to use up those ripe Avocados inspired by the Palace Resort in Cozumel.
For the Guacamole:
- 5–6 Avocados-ripe
- 1–3 Serrano Chiles (start with 1 to determine spice level)*
- 1/4 c. Cilantro
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 small Purple Onion
- 1–2 fresh Limes (or 1–2 Tbsp. bottled lime juice if no fresh limes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Get your Guac on:
- De-seed Avocados and mass to desired consistency.
- Squeeze in the juice from lime and mix in.
- Cut the chiles in half and remove seeds and white pulp; dice.
- Cut tomato and remove seeds; dice.
- Dice onion and cilantro.
- Mix diced veggies with avocado mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste**, and let chill if you have the time for about 1/2-1 hr covered to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve it on with your favorite chips, on fish tacos, straight out of the bowl, or on any dish that begs for good guacamole.
*Serrano Chiles are long, slender mild chiles; for a spicier Guac, try a hotter chili like jalapeños.
**Seasoning is the part many people get wrong leading to a bland flavor. Taste as you are adding S & P to hit your preference.